Saturday, September 12, 2009

Welcome!

In the interest of full disclosure, you should know: this is not my first blog.

For vintage doggerel and frequently self-indulgent essays, you can visit “Goofus Musings,” the blog I started in 2005 when I worked as an editorial intern for Highlights magazine (i.e. literary home of Goofus and Gallant, the blonde twins who hang around in dentists’ waiting rooms). There’s really no need though, since I’m pulling the “best of Goofus” onto this blog. It’s the brotherly thing to do.

Why am I bothering to create a new blog? I’m a newlywed, and much of “Goofus” feels past. I now live in Boston, not PA or post-Katrina New Orleans (as I did for two blogging years). My mentality has changed, too. If good writing requires a tortured soul, then I was better off in ’05. But I’m going to ignore history’s Faulkners and Plaths, for now, and say that the best is yet to come. So, visit often!

2 comments:

  1. Good to read you again. Love mumsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jesse,

    My name is Ashima and I am reaching out to seek permission to print one of your poems - "Telling Time" in our school textbook. I work with an educational company (www.leadschool.in) in India and our aim is to provide excellent and affordable education to all kids.

    We loved your poem and it will be a delight to share it with our children too!

    Let me know if we can connect over email and I can share more details about the project.

    Smiles,
    Ashima

    ReplyDelete

 
Google Analytics Alternative